Friday, November 16, 2012

Influenster review



I just joined Influenster this week, and I'm still learning the ropes. When you first sign up, you have to request an invite. Mine arrived maybe a day or two later. I honestly do not remember. I'm still trying to figure out what Influenster is all about. Here is how they describe it on the site: 


An exclusive online community where tastemakers and trendsetters (such as yourself) come to share the latest and greatest news, places, products, and reviews with each other. 2. The hotspot you just bookmarked on your web browser that turns your social influence into sweet rewards.
Basically, Influenster is a place for culture junkies to come together and share their unique opinions of products and experiences. Active members of Influenster get exclusive access to deals, promotions, and swag from brands that thrive off the input (the good, the bad, and the ugly -- they just want to know what's up).

Errr...There is a lot of slang but much of an actual description. I had to look around the About Us page a bit more to figure out how things work. Influenster gives you various tasks to complete in order to earn badges. The more badges you unlock, the more likely you are to receive review opportunities. To start off I had to connect my Influenster account with various social media sites, and write a review of the site. For these actions I will receive one of their badges. What do we get to review? Well every one in a while they send out product review boxes, that they call a Voxbox. There are many differently themed Voxbox available to review. The newest one is a beauty box filled with a lot of goodies for women to try out. It looks like it has some really nice products in it!

So far, I like the site. It seems simple enough to use. I haven't earned many badges yet. I'm interested to see how things improve as a complete more tasks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment