Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bzzing in the kitchen with Morningstar Farms.



The other day I blogged about how I was invited a Bzz Campaign for Morningstar Farms. I have been eating  their products for years, but this time I decided to try something new. I search all over for a recipe that would satisfy both my vegetarian needs and those of my carnivorous boyfriend. I finally decided on this Vegetarian Swedish Meatball recipe, that I found on Pinterest. We did make a few changes to the recipe. Most noticeably, we used the Morningstar Farms Meatballs instead of making our own. Here is how it all went down:





I got some of our ingredients ready. We used vegetable stock instead of mushroom broth. We cooked the noodles and starting following the rest of the steps in the recipe. I've never worked with flour before so I had my boyfriend help me.




Now, it is finally time to add the meatballs. They look so delicious! I was very impressed with how many meatballs came in the package. The box was really small so I was surprised how many were in there!


Next, I had my boyfriend add the noodles and stir. We both had such a blast cooking together. We usually just eat when we want to spend time together. It was a nice change to be cooking together. I think it is something we are going to do more often from now on. We will use Morningstar Farm products of course. ;)


Here is out finished product. It looks so good!


I couldn't wait to get my hands on some of the dinner!


Stuffing my face. 

What did I think of the Morningstar Farms Meatballs? Love em'! They don't taste exactly like real meatballs of course, but they have a nice meaty taste and texture  I was impressed with how many meatballs came in the package. It was a very good value. I would definitely use the vegetarian meatballs in other recipes. Moringstar Farms Meatballs are great for vegetarians and people who are looking for a healthier alternative to beef. They don't have nearly as much fat or calories as the real stuff and they taste pretty darn good. My boyfriend is a carnivore and not only did he eat all the meatballs on his plate, he went back for seconds! He is usually very picky about eating my vegetarian food so that says a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment